For each of the seven products that Telkom wanted to promote, we employed a multi-layered programmatic strategy.
1. Prospecting: This is where the banners are shown over a wide variety of sites and online properties in order to find a base audience.
2. Re-targeting: If a user clicked on a banner but did not convert, we retargeted them- showing them the banners at times when they were more likely to convert based on data from previous conversions.
3. Lookalike audience: By this stage, we had collected enough data to create what we call look-alike audiences. We used the online behaviour /journey of consumers that had converted and then targeted users with the same or similar online behaviours.
4. Pinpoint Strategy: We were then able to refine the target audience even more clearly using a combination of the previous strategies and served the banner ads to them based on data garnered throughout the campaign’s lifespan.
5. Programmatic Video: We also implemented a programmatic video strategy to reach users that consume content much more easily than display or mobile, that way we reach users regardless of their preference in terms of browsing.